42 Ideas for Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
It’s almost that time of year again! With December nearly over, you might already be thinking up resolutions to kick off a healthy New Year.
Moving into a new month and a New Year can be a great mental boost for changing habits, so having some great healthy resolutions in advance is a massive head start.
If you need inspiration, here are 42 ideas for New Years resolutions we love at trainn ✨ How many of these will you be implementing?
Goals for healthy eating & drinking 🍜
Sooo much of eating healthy is in the planning! How much & how healthily you prep shapes exactly what’s going to be on your plate all week long.
1. Write a (healthy) shopping list every week to limit the spontaneous treats
2. Find 2 high protein ingredients to always stay stocked up on. Could be chickpeas & red lentils
3. Meal prep every Sunday for the week ahead
4. Find a new recipe every week
5. Decide on a ‘core’ healthy meal to cook every week. My favourite is Mediterranean Roasted Veg with chickpeas
6. Have at least 1 meat-free day per week
7. Swap sodas and fizzy drinks for flavoured waters
8.Cut down on dairy. Try buying one plant-based sub at a time
9. Include vegetables with every lunch & dinner. Serve as sides if not in a recipe
10. Eat the rainbow! Look for whole foods which aren’t just green
11. Eat fruit everyday - smoothies are great for boosting your intake.
12. Keep kitchen space clean & tidy. Try to clean up as you go along - tidy space, tidy mind
13. Try some of these healthy tips for eating out!
Goals for amazing workouts 💪🏼
The big mindset shift for me was thinking beyond what I can achieve in a month. What's important is creating habits so I can also enjoy the days, weeks & months that come after the initial boost of motivation.
14. Every Sunday, plan your workouts for the week
15. Work with a personal trainer to develop a personalised fitness regime
16. Join a gym or set up one at home
17. Keep home workout space tidy & easily accessible
18. Set realistic fitness goals - ones you can sustain and build on
19. Invest in comfy running shoes
20. Aim for at least 10,000 steps a day
21. Try new exercises or start working out with a friend
22. Stretch more after workouts. Write down a few stretches you can do
23. Start running. Perhaps set a goal to run a 10K
24. Declutter your social media for people who make you feel less good about yourself. Remember: No two fitness journeys are the same.
26. Take progress pictures every 2 months
27. Reward your achievements! New gym gear’s a great shout
Goals for a healthy lifestyle 💃
Great habits should support every part of your life, not just the gym. Building a healthy, active & satisfying lifestyle boosts your workout mindset too, so it’s a win-win on both fronts.
28. Set phone reminders to move at least once per day
29. Get 7-9 hours sleep per night. And get up before 10am on weekends
30. Be mindful of screentime. Especially late evenings when you’re winding down
31. Don’t take work home with you – de-stress when the day’s done
32. If you have a garden, try growing vegetables
33. Make outdoor plans on weekends
34. Surround yourself with positive & active friends
35. No smoking
36. Take up that sport or class you’ve always wanted to
37. Explore beyond your local area, step #20 says thanks
38. Start a new hobby
39. Write a to-do list every morning
40. Read a book every month
41. Start listening to podcasts that inspire or interest you
Goals that last more than one month 📆
42. Remember you’re human: big change doesn’t happen overnight
The changes you want aren’t going to magically appear 30 days later, but many small changes can take you further than you think - and you'll be able to keep the progress you make.
An easy way to kick off your Healthy New Year and reach your fitness goals is to sign up to the trainn app. We’ll design you a personalised training plan & weekly goals to achieve so you can be your strongest, healthiest & most confident self.
So rather than making it a 30 day fad, make it a Healthy New Year and join trainn today! The results you want with the support you need.